Fire on Board!

My daughter woke me at 3.30 am today with the news that the boat we live on was filling up with smoke! The electrical unit in the engine room had burst into flame, so we got out quickly with no mishap and rang the fire services. The fire thankfully did not spread and damage was minimal, but we have had to move out until the electrics are fixed. Many thanks to the Staffordshire and Rescue Service and our neighbour Roger. Roger lent us coats, opened gates for the fire engines (yes we had two!) and looked after our Jack Russell terrier. (Jack received an individual pork pie and went to sleep on Roger’s chair!)
No rugs were injured in the conflagration and all workshops will continue as planned!

No rugs were damaged either

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s